Why Work Here?
If you are looking for a rewarding job, St. Louis Center can offer you the ability to make a meaningful difference in the lives of those who rely on others each day for care. The Center is home to 53 adults with a variety of intellectual and developmental disabilities where we treat each person like a member of our own family. Come work here!
Interested in becoming a part of
the team at St. Louis Center?
We are interested in talking with you.
Our vision is to “be a leader in providing innovative and comprehensive services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and their families, all of whom enjoy the fullness of life in an integrated and thriving community.” We offer competitive wages and comprehensive beneﬁts that include:
- Full Health Beneﬁts
- Promotion from within
- Paid Vacation
At St. Louis Center, we embrace the values of St. Louis Guanella who believed in the dignity and potential of every person, no matter their level of ability.
Here we believe that every person deserves the ability to learn and grow and that we, as caregivers of this special group of people, approach each resident with an attitude of compassion and caring.
St. Louis Center’s doors are always open to individuals who feel they can make a difference in the lives of the Center’s residents. The work can be challenging, but also rewarding. Here, employees understand that they have the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of those with disabilities every day. Read recent stories about St. Louis Center staff below.
Randy with Matthias at the Night to...
Cedric Santana, Social Services...
Kyle Cater Kyle has recently joined...
Are you ready to begin your new career?
Questions? Contact HR Director Thomas Arbanas:
(734) 475-8430 | email@example.com
Nurse LPN / RN
$20 – $27 per hour
The Nurse will be responsible for providing Health Services for all residents of the St. Louis Center. Health care services to residents will meet their health needs within the philosophy and goals of the organization, and in accordance to the medical policies and procedures of the St. Louis Center
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To foster the mission of St. Louis Center, a faith-based organization, in proclaiming the Gospel through the service of charity.
- The Nurse provides for the health needs of all residents, in coordination with the residential care staff, including but not limited to referrals to other health care providers, and emergency assessment care.
- The Nurse maintains adequate records and documentation of the residents’ medical records including all medications, treatments, problems, progress and overall functioning.
- The Nurse is an active member of the administrative team and participates in planning and providing in-service programs for staff, such as infection control and blood-borne pathogens.
- The Nurse provides health care information concerning the residents to health care professionals and the direct care workers, parents and guardians. Interprets and applies standards for health care which meets licensing requirements.
- The Nurse administers the medication regimes required by residents, working with health care providers to provide accurate medication dosing, residents’ tolerance, changes and documentation.
- The Nurse will administer every dose of medications to select residents.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of a current Michigan license in practical nursing or registered nurse and 5-7 years of nursing practice, preferably in a residential setting. Requires maintaining professional knowledge through continuing education. Valid Michigan driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Requires current certification in CPR and First Aid and other areas required by licensing.
- Knowledge of documentation and maintenance of medical records.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge about medical training issues within a residential facility.
- Ability to pass a drug test and physical
Direct Care Worker (2nd Shift)
$16 per hour (part-time)
As a Direct Care Worker, you are responsible for the health and safety of our residents, including aging adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This shift is from 2:00pm-10:00pm.
- Foster the mission of St. Louis Center.
- Work in any residence as assigned.
- Plan and monitor resident activity, ensure security while providing routine time checks that are essential to daily tasks.
- Complete all required residential program documentation at the end of each shift.
- Facilitate residents’ community involvement, with concern for personal growth and safety.
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- CPR and First Aid certification (will be provided by St. Louis Center)
- Knowledgeable in general fire safety and crisis prevention intervention
- Ability to maintain composure in a stressful environment
- Ability to plan, prioritize work, and multitask
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to operate a 12-passenger vehicle