Why Work Here?
If you are looking for a rewarding job, St. Louis Center can offer you the ability to make a meaningful difference in the lives of those who rely on others each day for care. We are home to 64 adults with a variety of intellectual and developmental disabilities where we treat each person like a member of our own family.
Interested in becoming a part of
the team at St. Louis Center?
We are interested in talking with you.
Our vision is to “be a leader in providing innovative and comprehensive services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and their families, all of whom enjoy the fullness of life in an integrated and thriving community.” We offer competitive wages and comprehensive beneﬁts that include:
- Full Health Beneﬁts
- Dental /Vision
- Promotion from within
- Paid Vacation
At St. Louis Center, we embrace the values of St. Louis Guanella who believed in the dignity and potential of every person, no matter their level of ability.
Here we believe that every person deserves the ability to learn and grow and that we, as caregivers of this special group of people, approach each resident with an attitude of compassion and caring.
St. Louis Center’s doors are always open to individuals who feel they can make a difference in the lives of the Center’s residents. The work can be challenging, but also rewarding. Here, employees understand that they have the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of those with disabilities every day. Read recent stories about St. Louis Center staff below.
A Moment of Gratitude Now is a...
Maintenance team is now ready for the...
August 3rd, 2021 was the kick off of a...
Are you ready to begin your new career?
Questions? Contact HR Director Thomas Arbanas:
(734) 475-8430 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Care Worker (All Shifts)
As a Direct Care Worker, you are responsible for the health and safety of our residents, including aging adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Pay is $15.50/hour.
- Foster the mission of St. Louis Center.
- Work in any residence as assigned.
- Plan and monitor resident activity, ensure security while providing routine time checks that are essential to daily tasks.
- Complete all required residential program documentation at the end of each shift.
- Facilitate residents’ community involvement, with concern for personal growth and safety.
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- CPR and First Aid certification (will be provided by St. Louis Center)
- Knowledgeable in general fire safety and crisis prevention intervention
- Ability to maintain composure in a stressful environment
- Ability to plan, prioritize work, and multitask
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to operate a 12-passenger vehicle