Why Volunteer at St. Louis Center?
St. Louis Center provides many opportunities to interact with and get to know community members with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
Those who volunteer quickly learn that people are not diagnoses, and the people who call St. Louis Center home are extraordinary in many ways.
One well-known volunteer, Coach John Beilein, said of his many volunteer activities with St. Louis Center:
“If we can put a smile on the faces of these kids who face so many challenges in their everyday lives, then it’s worth the effort on our part to bring them a little bit of happiness.”
Explore the exciting array of ways you can contribute your time and enrich out community. Whether you’re available once a month or once a week, the choice is yours!
If you have free time during the day, consider immersing yourself in the world of imagination:
- Embark on a literary journey by reading a captivating story to our eager audience.
- Get creative with art projects that ignite the imagination and foster self-expression.
- Share the magic of your hobbies, such as photography or gardening, and inspire others.
- Let your enthusiasm shine by sharing your love for your favorite food, artist, or special interest.
For those who prefer evening activities, we’ve got you covered:
- Start an evening Walking Club and explore our scenic surroundings.
- Stay active by leading chair exercises and dancing every Wednesday, embracing the joy of movement.
- Shoot some hoops and engage in friendly competition through a basketball game.
- Showcase your resent vacation or pilgrimage adventures through captivating pictures and stories. Schedule a time to enthrall a small group with your tales.
Holidays at St. Louis Center are truly magical:
- Share your heartfelt memories of serving our country, honoring your invaluable contributions.
- Delight us with cherished family stories and the timeless values passed down to you.
- Embrace the spirit of the season by lending your creative touch to decorate Christmas Trees and Easter Eggs.
With a diverse range of opportunities, there’s something for everyone to make a difference and create lasting memories at St. Louis Center. Join us in making each day a remarkable journey!
Yes, I want to volunteer
at St. Louis Center!
Benefits of Volunteerism
Our volunteers are a big part of what makes St. Louis Center so special. But what’s in it for the people who help us?
The demands on our time and energy sometimes seem endless and it sometimes seems hard to fit just one more activity into the schedule. Yet we all know that many, if not most, non-profit organizations need countless volunteers to maintain the heart and soul of their missions.
St. Louis Center has a robust community, truly a family, of volunteers who help us with special events, resident activities, fundraisers, maintaining our lovely grounds and gardens, and sometimes just a happy greeting or friendly smile when social distancing is required.
According to Clair Shinn at NonProfit Hub, there are at least 8 Long-Term Health Benefits of Volunteering to you, the Volunteer:
- Boost your self-esteem
- Expand your connections
- Make you feel good
- Contribute to a longer life
- Give purpose
- Combat stress level
- Give a good example
- Teach new skills
Sign Up Today!
Start by telling us a bit more about what you would like to do and how much time you would like to commit by filling out the form to the right.
For questions, please contact Michelle Mikolajczyk, Community Engagement Specialist, at:
Please be sure to let us know if you wish to volunteer as a group or have special interests.
Note: As a State Licensed Facility, a background check may be required.
Matthew Kennedy is no stranger to St. Louis Center, his family has been doing service projects...
The Neuman family holds a special place in the hearts of St. Louis Center staff and residents....
Santa came to town, Saturday, December 3, 2022, kicking off the Holiday festivities for the...